International Franchise Expo Workshop 2, FRANCHISING YOUR BUSINESS, franchising your business.#Franchising #your #business
franchising your business
Franchising has become the dominant method for the creation of wealth through small business ownership. Franchising, once known primarily for restaurants, today is used by over 85 industries including a wide range of consumer and business to business services, retail, hospitality, health, recreation and many more. This two day workshop will explain how to turn your business into a successful franchise.
All workshop attendees receive admission to the exhibits on all three days.
Starts Friday, June 1, 2018 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Continues Saturday, June 2, 2018 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Advance: $280 includes exhibit hall admission and seminars
On-Site: $330 includes exhibit hall admission and seminars
Individuals enrolled in the Certified Franchise Executives program will earn 200 education credits towards completion or recertification of the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) designation by attending Franchising Your Business. For more information about the Certified Franchise Executives program, please call or email Rose DuPont (202-662-0771 — [email protected]) or visit www.franchise.org/certification.aspx.
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to grow their business or seeking information on the use, benefits and risks associated with an indirect method of distribution such as franchising.
Over Two Days, This Workshop Will Look At
- The difference between licensing and franchising and when each is appropriate
- Franchise Feasibility – is franchising the correct expansion strategy for your company
- The benefits and risks of franchising your business
- Characteristics of a strong franchisor organization
- Tactical Business Planning – the design, development and implementation of a franchising strategy
– Determining the core drivers of your business and setting standards
– Identifying the roles and responsibilities of the franchisor and franchisee
– Determining the proper fee structure
– Creating a positive relationship with franchisees
– Brand development and advertising requirements
– Ensuring the legal documents reflect the business strategyThe financial implications of developing a franchise system including:
– cost of development and anticipated return on investment for the company
– Organizational requirements – headquarters and fieldManaging Expansion Strategies – Understand when and how to use:
– Single Unit Franchising
– Area Development and Multi-Unit Franchising
– Area Representative Franchising
– Company Owned and Franchisee Owned locations in the same marketOperation manuals and training programs – what they should contain, how they can be used to manage change, and risky issues you should consider when creating manual and training program content. The use of web based training and operating manuals in franchise systemsTechnology – the use of technology in the support and expansion of the franchise systemGrowing the business – how to develop and manage a franchise system growth strategy that meets the system’s expansion goals, earnings expectations and attracts the types of franchisees that are best suited for the franchise systemRetro-franchising – using franchising as a new or replacement method of distribution for established companies and for companies seeking an innovative re-organization, re-capitalization or tactical change strategyFinancing your growth and planning your exit strategyThe Law – Understanding the Federal and State Disclosure requirements, relationship laws, trademarks, service marks and trade dress and other regulations that impact franchise system on a day to day basis
Michael Seid is the founder and Managing Director of Michael H.Seid & Associates (MSA), a domestic and international franchise advisory firm. He has over 25 years experience as a Senior Operations and Financial Executive or Consultant for companies within the franchise, retail, restaurant, hospitality and service industries as well as having been a franchisee. MSA is a member of the IFA’s Supplier Forum (SF). Michael serves on the SF’s Board of Directors as a Past Chairman. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the IFA, the first and only time in the association’s history that a professional services provider has been elected to the board. Together with the late Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s, Michael is co-author of Franchising For Dummies. Michael lectures and writes frequently in the US and internationally on franchising.
Kay Ainsley is a Managing Director of Michael H. Seid & Associates, LLC, a domestic and international franchise advisory firm. She has over 25 years of experience in franchising as Director of Franchise Development for major franchise systems or as an advisor to companies within the retail, restaurant, services, manufacturing, and business to business sectors. Kay currently serves on the Board of the IFA’s Supplier Forum and is a member of the Glomak Committee, the international marketing arm of the IFA. She is also on the Advisory Board of the National Franchise Mediation Program of the Center for Dispute Resolution which promotes mediation in settling disputes in franchising.
franchise expo shows. Produced and Managed by MFV Expositions 210 Rt. 4 East, Suite 204, Paramus, NJ 07652. Tel: (201) 226-1130