Iron Mill College – Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching #positive #psychology #course
Home Our Courses Entry Level Courses Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching
Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching
This innovative, entry level, part-time course is available to study in Exeter, over 6 weekends.
- Offers the opportunity to become immersed in a positive psychology approach to coaching.
- Will help participants develop an approach to coaching that draws on the latest evidence-based interventions from the field of positive psychology, enabling them to empower individuals and teams to achieve their goals.
- Ideal for those who offer coaching to individuals and teams, including Managers, Human Resources professionals, Learning and Development Specialists, Coaches, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Organisational Psychologists and more.
one cannot build on weakness. To achieve results, one has to use all available strengths These strengths are the opportunities – Peter Drucker.
- Positive Psychology Coaching focuses on the enhancement of strengths and creating the conditions for success, by identifying what individuals do best and maximising the resources they already have.
- Evidence-based research highlights that coaching strengths leads to increased engagement, energy and motivation. This, in turn, creates greater positive emotion, which has also been shown to engender increased creativity, mental flexibility, resilience and enhanced performance.
- Positive psychology’s belief in the potential of individuals, teams and organisations is at the heart of this training, and we use the best coaching methods to capitalise on this belief.
No prior knowledge of psychology or coaching is required for this course.
Applicants should, however, feel that they possess a maturity to reflect on their own development as a person, and should have an interest in and desire to learn about the subject matter.
If you are interested in this course, you may wish to first book onto one of our Open Days or Open Evenings to find out more.
You can apply by submitting the following documents and items:
- Application form (available to download from ‘Download’ section of this web page).
- Passport / webcam style photo.
- A personal reference returned to us by your personal referee (reference request form available to download from ‘Download’ section of this web page).
- A professional reference returned to us by your professional referee (reference request form available to download from ‘Download’ section of this web page).
You will also need to pay a 350 Enrolment Deposit, in order to reserve a place on this course (see the ‘Fees’ tab for further information) .
Please note that you will only be offered a place on the course once all of the above application documents have been received and your Enrolment Deposit has been paid. This includes receipt of both references. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their referees supply references, following up requests for references where necessary.
- Introduction to Positive Psychology.
- Strengths-based Development.
- Positive Emotions.
- Psychology of Hope and Resilience.
- The Journey of Change.
- Positive Psychology Coaching in Practice.
Learning and assessment:
Training is delivered via a combination of tutor led sessions, classroom debates, group dicussions, research and skills practise exercises. There is an expectation for students to reflect on their own learning and development throughout the course.
Assessment is based on:
- Reflective journal.
- 2 written assignments.
- Coaching case study presentation.
A minimum of 80% attendance is required at timetabled teaching days.
Iron Mill College Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching.
Upcoming Exeter intakes:
Spring 2018 intake:
- Starts Saturday 17th March 2018.
- Runs on 6 weekends (Saturday and Sunday), 10.00am – 5.30pm, over 5 months (full course dates available in ‘Download’ section of this web page).
Course fees and payment options:
Option 1 (Total Payable 900.00):
- An Enrolment Deposit of 350.00 followed by ONE instalment of 550.00.
Option 2 (Total Payable 950.00):
- An Enrolment Deposit of 350.00 followed by TWO instalments of 300.00 (payable by standing order).
Bespoke payment plans (Total Payable 950.00).
Further information on fees:
Fees listed include VAT.
Applicants are invited to enrol by paying the Enrolment Deposit (which shall be fully non-refundable in all circumstances) as well as submitting all application documents (see the ‘Applications’ tab for further information). The balance of course fees is payable as per the relevant schedule option above.
For initial course payments and deposits, you can pay online (via PayPal) by using the booking form on this web page. You can also pay all fees by credit / debit card, either in person at Iron Mill College in Exeter, or over the phone by calling 01392 219200. Please note that we are unable to accept payments via American Express or Diners Club cards.
This will vary depending on your own circumstances, but all applicants must make sure they fully understand the additional expense requirements they will need to undertake during this course. Iron Mill College is unable to contribute to any of these additional costs; they are met by the student. These costs may include:
Travel and boarding costs.
Purchase of books.
Please note: Iron Mill College makes every effort to avoid altering course times, course commencement and conclusion dates. However, should any changes be necessary, you will be notified at the earliest opportunity. All courses run subject to demand and the formation of a viable class cohort, based on the enrolment of a minimum number of successful applicants. A full refund of course fees paid, including any deposit, will be given to all applicants in the event that a course does not proceed and at least 14 days notice (prior to the advertised course start date) will be given to applicants, in the event of a course cancellation or postponement. The college cannot be held liable for any remedy, damages or compensation beyond this.
Is there any funding available for the Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching?
Unfortunately, there is no specific funding available for the Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching course. However, people may receive funding due to their own personal circumstances. Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for more information.
Are there any extra-curricular requirements on the Foundation Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching course?
Outside of the taught hours, there is a requirement to complete two written assignments and a reflective journal during the course. Students will also be required to prepare a presentation on a coaching case study to be delivered at the end of the course. Additional reading for each topic is recommended too.
Additional frequently asked questions:
Our comprehensive general FAQs pages include answers to many other common questions, grouped into the following areas:
What our Students Say
“Feedback from participants of the Professional CBT training was extremely positive. It was experienced as valuable in equipping the students with the knowledge and skills of the CBT approach. It was carried out in an atmosphere most conducive to learning. Working with the Iron Mill has proved to be a valuable partnership.”
Elisabeth O’Donoghue, Family Centre – Tailor-Made Training
What our Students Say
“I have never before learned so much about myself and about where I want to go in the future. I couldn’t imagine a better place for my development than at the Iron Mill. The tutors, staff and students are all fantastic. Thanks to all of them.”
Jess Houghton – Certificate in Counselling Student