How to buy shares.
Whether you’re looking for shares to buy once or twice a year or you want to trade several times a day, we have a share dealing account to suit your needs. We have a range of services available to suit beginners to the stock market or the more experienced trader.
What can I buy?
- UK shares – buy shares on the London Stock Exchange s main market or Alternative Investment Market (AIM)
- International shares – buy shares on six international stock markets
- Funds – spread your money between different sectors, indices and markets
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) – pooled investments which are traded like stocks and shares
- Bonds – issued by companies to raise money (essentially loans made by investors to companies)
- Gilts – bonds issued by HM Treasury
- Preference shares – a class of share which pays a fixed rate of dividend
Which account should I use?
If you re looking to trade tax-efficiently and/or plan for your future we also offer a Stocks Shares ISA and a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP). Please note, additional charges may be applicable including an administration charge.
How do I research stocks and shares?
Understand the risks
Please remember that the value of an investment and the income from it can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invested.